Thursday, April 30, 2015
Ever dealt with MKV files?
With a little bit of searching I managed to find Movavi which is an MKV file converter. I tried a bunch of different software and even online websites that claim to convert my MKV files to something that actually works but I haven’t had luck until I tried Movavi. If you are looking to watch your favorite TV show or movie and it’s in MKV format, here’s a simple guide to get it to work on your favorite device.
• Download the Movavi video converter from their website (movavi.com)
• Once you open up the software you will find it is quite easy to use. If you are not the type to handle software that much it can be a challenge so let me guide you.
• First you select “Add Video”
• In the “Convert to” section you have to choose a video format. This can be a little tricky. Make sure you choose a file you identify. Generally, the mp4 file format is fine. If you would like to play your file on a portable device as well, Movavi gives you options to directly choose the file type based on your device. Choosing a file type compatible with a portable device will usually work on a desktop computer as well.
• Next, you choose where to save the file. I usually save it on the desktop and then move it.
• Once this is done, click “convert” and you are done!
On researching this, I found that MKV is actually a great file format because it can save size but may not be the best option as it does not work with many players.